PhD thesis offer (M/F):
Coupling of ultrasound with nanostructured catalysts for the selective conversion of biomass to specialty chemicals
Application Deadline: 29 April 2021
Ensure that your candidate profile is correct before applying. Your profile information will be added to the details for each application. In order to increase your visibility on our Careers Portal and allow employers to see your candidate profile, you can upload your CV to our CV library in one click!
URL Courte : https://bit.ly/3bTDFAq
- Will investigate the use of high frequency ultrasound for the synthesis of numerous metal oxides ( e.g., CuO). Study the physiochemical properties of the catalysts as a function of ultrasound frequencies and characterize them fully.
- Will carry out sonochemical oxidation reactions of food wastes using the as-prepared catalysts
- Will develop the method analysis of the products for oxidation reactions
- Will carry out a study of the mechanism of oxidation of food waste substrates
- Will perform a quantitative analysis of the characterization data and kinetic data
- Will present results obtained in English and write corresponding activity reports and scientific publications relating to its work.
The researcher must have a PhD in chemistry or chemical engineering with experience in chemical synthesis and catalysis, NMR and other analytical analysis like GC. Experience in sonochemistry will be an advantage.
Communication skills (oral, written, presentation)
Fluency in English.
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-3years
Minimum Qualification Level: PhD
Field of Study: Chemistry or chemical engineering
Gross Monthly Salary Range (SGD): $5,000 – $8,000
Workplace Address: This project will be undertaken at the CNRS@CREATE office located in Singapore. All experimental works will be performed at the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
Contact: Prince Nana Amaniampong: prince.nana.amaniampong @ univ-poitiers.fr